You can create your own payroll workflow via the 'Settings' tab. You can also use one of the standard payroll workflows in Visma Nmbrs.
The video below shows how to work with Standard payroll workflows. In the remainder of the article the steps are also explained:
Payroll Workflow settings
Under the payroll workflow settings on the company level, there are three standard payroll workflows. 'Standard', 'Standard with Run Request' and 'Standard Automatic'.
Select the desired standard payroll workflow setting and click 'Save'.
The standard payroll workflow is created for a company that wants to plan actions and execute them manually.
1. The first action is to process the salary run. Once you have done this, the next actions are planned immediately.
2. The next actions are to display the document viewer and employee login. The signal is sent to the users.
3. Immediately after the previous action, the salary run lock is planned (run lock). This must all be executed manually as well.
4. After you have locked the salary run, the actions 'Create Wage tax declaration' and 'Create Pension declaration' are immediately planned for manual execution.
Immediately after one of these returns has been created, the transmission of the declaration is planned.
5. Once a declaration is transmitted, the company contact is informed by sending them a signal. See here if you wish to create a contact person.
Standard with Run Request
The payroll workflow setting 'Standard with Run Request' is made for a company that has access to Visma Nmbrs and requests the run itself, after which the processing is carried out by the salary processer/accountant.
1. The 'Request Salary Run' action is the action that is carried out by your client by requesting the run. Afterwards, the next actions are planned immediately.
2. Once the run has been requested, manual processing of the salary run and checking of the output are planned immediately.
3. After the salary output is checked, a signal is sent to the company contact person and the document viewer is immediately made visible.
4. Lastly, in the run action track, you can manually make the employee login visible, after which a signal is sent to the employee. Immediately after that, the salary run is automatically locked.
5. After the salary run is locked, the 'Create Wage tax declaration' and 'Create Pension declaration' actions are immediately planned for manual execution.
Immediately after the creation of one of the declarations, the transmission of the declaration is planned, which is also to be carried out manually.
6. Once one of the declarations is transmitted, the company contact person is informed by a signal. See here if you wish to create a contactperson.
The payroll workflow setting 'Standard Automatic' is made for the company that wants everything to take place automatically with the exception of transmitting the returns.
1. The salary run is processed automatically ten days after the beginning of the period. That means you have ten days to input all mutations. The Accountant contact person receives a signal for this.
2. Immediately after processing the salary run, the run is made visible in the document viewer and on the employee login. A signal is also sent about this.
3. Immediately after that, the salary run is also locked.
4. Immediately after the salary run is locked, the wage tax declaration and pension declaration are created. The declaration still has to be submitted manually.
5. Once one of the declarations has been transmitted, the company contact person is informed by an alert. See here if you wish to create a contactperson.