The Workflow module makes it possible to set up Nmbrs® with the payroll tasks that need to be carried out (automatically or manually) for each company per period. You can also specify who receives a notification when a task is performed. In addition, accountant users have the option of viewing a convenient overview of the salary processing status for all (or a portion) of the clients and/or outstanding tasks. These tasks can then be performed easily and directly in the Workflow tab.
Using the new online options, there are more tasks related to monthly salary processing that can be performed and monitored. For example, consider:
- Entering changes
- Reviewing changes
- Requests for final processing by the payroll department
- Review of the salary processing
- Making the output available to the end user (Document Viewer)
- Making the payslip available to employees
- Sending journal entries to the accounting program
- Creating the Wage Tax Declaration
- Reviewing the Wage Tax Declaration
- Sending the Wage Tax Declaration
- Creating the Pension Export
- Reviewing the Pension Export
- Sending the Pension Export
With the Workflow module, you can see exactly which tasks are scheduled or have already been completed. All or some of these tasks can be performed automatically.
With this module, Nmbrs® is taking a huge step forward in making payroll administration even more efficient.
You can decide for yourself what you want your Workflow to look like, what tasks you want to perform and when to perform them. Setting up the Workflow is described on our support page.
Weekly pay: you can use the Workflow in combination with weekly compensation, but this is not reflected in the status overview for all your clients at master level. At company level, you can see the status overview of the workflow in the payroll run.
Test company: you can use the Workflow on combination with a test company, but this is not reflected in the status overview for all your clients at master level. At company level, you can see the status overview of the workflow in the payroll run.
Status overview for all your clients
At Company level under the Settings tab, you can find the Workflow settings dashlet. Here you can select which Workflow settings you want to use. If you don't have any specific settings for this, you can use one of our default workflows.
1. All active tasks are performed.
2. All tasks that are to be performed automatically will be performed by Nmbrs®. If 'perform automatically' is not checked, this task will be scheduled to be performed manually. You can also find which task will be followed by this task in this column.
3. With the option 'perform after (days)', you can see how many days after the previous task this task will be carried out.
4. For this, you can choose to notify the desired person regarding a task.
If you want to change something in this setting, click on the name and change the settings.
Workflow payroll run
At company level under the Payroll run tab, you will find the above overview. All selected tasks are in this overview.
1. A green box means that this task is complete.
2. A white box means that this action has not been performed yet. Click on the white box to perform this task. You can do this directly, so it's not dependent on scheduled or automated actions.
3. A yellow box means that there are both completed and non-completed tasks in the track (in this case, the salary run track). This allows you to see that this period (the current one) is still active. Click on the yellow box to carry out the next task manually. You can do this directly, so it's not dependent on scheduled or automated actions.
You will find more information about the Workflow colours in this article:
At company level under the Payroll run tab, you can find the Workflow task list as well. These are the tasks that must still be performed. Click on the task to perform it. The task list for all of your clients can be found back on the Workflow tab. Here you can directly perform tasks for all your clients.