HR synchronization scenario is a scenario when you want to keep track or change employee information. Be aware that information that you see as HR could be as broad as possible and affect the payment or the payslip of an employee. This article will provide you with general information about what you will have to take into account. HR applications often store more data of employees than described in the basic employee synchronization scenario. The Partner app is the system of record and employee data is synchronized from the Partner app → Nmbrs. In this case, the employee sync scenario will generally consist of two phases.
When starting with this scenario, we assume that Getting started API is known.
Data and data flow
This integration scenario is a two-way integration.
- Initial setup. Employee data is available in Nmbrs, the Partner App or both. Employees between both applications need to be mapped, compared and linked for future changes. The basic employee synchronization scenario can be used for initial mapping.
- Future changes. Changes to the employee are inserted in the Partner app and synchronized with Nmbrs. New employees are created in the Partner app and synchronized to Nmbrs. These changes can be made with the following endpoints.
- Create employee
- Update employee personal info
- Update employee department
- Update employee function
- Update employee address (not introduced yet)
See how do I check for mutations for specific methods.