Running a retro active correction in the current year


The video below shows how to process a retro active correction in a previous period. In the remainder of the article the steps are also explained:


For a textual description, follow the steps below.

The period


Go to the 'Explorer' tab and select a company or employee where you want to make the correction. Then click on the period at the top right of the screen to change this.

Change the period


Change the period to the period from when the retroactive correction has to be implemented. Then click on 'Change'.

Open the padlock

Click on the padlock.

Change the details


Enter the correction/change/adjustment for the company or the employee. As an example, this employee gets a variable wage component.

Payroll run


1. Go to the company.

2. Go to the 'Payroll Processing' tab.

3. Go to the 'Run' dashlet and click on 'More'.

Payroll Run


Click on 'Run'.

Payroll run


Select the retroactive run only or do the retroactive run together with the normal run. Then click on 'Continue'.

The Wage tax declaration will be automatically corrected with the next return to be sent.

Change the period

The retroactive run has now been executed, click on the period to change this to the current period and click on the padlock to close it.

Current period


Click on 'Current Period' to go to the current period. Then click on 'Change'.

Calculating negative corrections

When you execute a retroactive run with a negative payment for the employee, you can process this as retroactive only. Make sure that the employee has agreed to pay the overpaid amount himself. This cannot be deducted by Nmbrs from the employee via the regular payment file.

If this employee is still in service and this has to be included in the next payment , this retroactive correction can be included with the next run. The correction amount will then include the positive amount.

Journal entry with correction (empty lines)

The Salary documents will reflect the corrections. The journal entry 'company' will get a correction journal entry, which shows exactly the same wage codes as the period for which the correction is made. Journal entries may therefore contain empty lines, as nothing has been corrected for these wage codes.



Knowledge base